When Dale Spencer was just 20 years old, he made a split-second decision that completely changed the course of his life. After an accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down, Dale leaned on his support system of family and friends to help him face his fears and achieve his goal of returning to college and getting his degree.
Today, Dale uses his experience as a touchstone, working with people of all ages and backgrounds to help them face and overcome their fears. He also serves on the board of directors the ThinkFirst National Injury Prevention Foundation, which educates young people about the importance of their own judgment and making good decisions throughout their lives. Every decision counts!
Dale, who has become an accomplished skier and marathon kayaker as well as a successful businessman, is living proof that fear can be overcome.
MORE ABOUT DALE:
Dale has triumphed over adversity and risen to the top of his profession, he continues to give back to his community, grow and take on new challenges. By using simple techniques to keep his fear in check and his mind focused, Dale has been able to achieve his life goals. Now he is sharing his experiences and helping others to attain their goals and ambitions.
Dale takes his audiences on a journey of real-life experiences and revelations. Together they identify obstacles, both professional and personal, which are common roadblocks to achieving success. By re-introducing us to the skills we already have, Dale is able to illuminate the road to success.
- Co-Producer of Several Award Winning Independent Films
- 2004 Business Person of the Year, Bartlett Chamber of Commerce
- Elected to the Board of Education of Elgin School District U-46, 2005-current
- Appointed to The National Board of Directors of ThinkFirst National Injury Prevention Foundation, 2006- current
- Chairman of the Resource Development for Corporate Sponsorship for the
- ThinkFirst National Prevention Foundation, 2009 –current Chairman – “Voices for Injury Prevention” (VIP) Council, 2008-current
- Recipient of the 2008 National VIP of the Year For Outstanding Commitment and Contribution to Injury Prevention
- 2012 Appointed to Deans Advisory Council of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at NIU