Becoming • Alignment • Drive
Two years ago, Morgaine Trine had plans to become a curator of ancient Mediterranean history. Those plans, however, kept hitting a brick wall no matter how hard she tried! Feeling utterly defeated, Morgaine realized that what she really wanted was to travel and simply be near this history that she loved so much. Not one for half-steps, Morgaine decided she would begin to travel, set a deadline for when she would leave and then set about figuring out how to support herself. Today, she is living her “why” as a boss-bookkeeper with her business Honestly Bookkeeping and traveling around the world.
In this episode, Morgaine calls in from sunny Las Palmas in Spain's Canary Islands to talk to Heather about her brave journey from unfulfilling part-time work to a radically different life-path as a traveling, virtual bookkeeper. Morgaine shares that, originally, she was dead-set against starting her own business but after a friend sent her a link to a course by the Bucketlist Bombshells, Work Online + Travel the World, she realized this was not only something she could do, it might just be the answer she was looking for.
- Take the time to find your “why,” the thing that really drives and fulfills you, even if it's not the path you originally envisioned for yourself.
- Set deadlines for yourself and make a plan. You can't get where you are going if you don't know where you’re headed.
- Think of your overall vision as a “feeling” you want to have.
- Don't wait until everything is perfect before you start. Allow yourself the space to take the first step before every detail is worked out.
- Ask yourself, “what is holding me back right now?” Then focus on that instead of worrying about everything you need to do down the road.
- Celebrate your successes and your wins. There's always more you could do, but focus on what you have already accomplished.
Morgaine’s favorite charity is Ekone and its an organization she has been involved with since age 12. Ekone believes that the earth is sacred, in and of itself – not a possession of humanity. As such, our proper role in the evolution of the earth is as stewards and caretakers – not owners and masters. This land stewardship trust has a kids' summer camp that teaches sustainability, land stewardship, and how to ride horses (among other fun summer activities!). Morgaine's experiences with Ekone had a huge influence on the person she has become, and she donates a portion of all her revenue to support their work.
While Morgaine says things are working out beautifully, it has not always been an easy path! Tune in to this episode of The Brave Files to learn how Morgaine overcame the barriers to her dream, persisted through the hurdles of establishing a new career and business, and pushed past the emotional and physical challenges of becoming the woman she feels she was always meant to be. If you want to learn more about Morgaine or work with her, check her out here.