Blessed • Vulnerable • Free
In 2008, after twenty years of self-sabotage and playing Russian Roulette with her health, Bunmi Abo-aba finally reached burnout. Since the mask fell, she has worked tirelessly, plotting a path to her recovery and making her fair share of mistakes. But Bunmi is truly a phoenix who has risen from those ashes more than once. Today she’s beaten both food and alcohol addiction and overcome traumas, divorce, and triggers and now leads a beautiful, healthy, and full life.
Connect with Bunmi on her website, Instagram or TikTok.
- Dr. Bunmi is a dentist who was raised to be a full-on perfectionist.
- “I love you” didn’t accompany anything less than perfect.
- She discovered alcohol at age 12.
- Alcohol made her feel confident and raised her self-esteem. She said it was her new best friend.
- Food is a comfort for so many people especially those who lack love.
- Russian Roulette was essentially throwing caution to the wind and continuing on a dangerous path of unhealthy life choices.
- By 2008 Bunmi was sick and tired of the consequences of her “Russian Roulette.”
- Culturally “strong Black women” don’t trust the outside world and don’t ask for help.
- Eventually, Bunmi had to embrace vulnerability to fully break down in order to rebuild.
- Accepting help and being honest reminds us that we are not alone.
- Bunmi says she’s in recovery rather than recovered because it’s always a work in progress.
- After she began recovery it was time to, finally, get to know herself.
- Next up was her spiritual journey. After the first session with a Shaman Bunmi finally felt supported.
- Feeling supported brought massive curiosity and an eventual complete life shift.
- Forgiving herself has been a serious part of her healing journey.
- As a parent, Bunmi tries to be the guide and love them without extreme discipline.
- Recovery gave her freedom and bravery – she was able to see choices and try new things.
- She is now a recovery coach that helps others move through their own, painful, journey.
- Future Life Progression: Finding your best future self while in recovery.
- Gratitude is Bunmi’s favorite way to celebrate but also connecting with friends and family. She also loves to buy herself a new crystal when she’s celebrating – that anchors her to a specific event.
- Charity: Water Aid – water is life!
If you’ve been inspired, touched, entertained, or motivated by this or any of Heather Vickery’s content you can “say thanks” by buying her a virtual coffee!
Let's connect …
Follow us on Instagram and connect with our host, Heather Vickery here.
ORDER YOUR COPY OF F*CK FEARLESS – MAKING THE BRAVE LEAP TODAY, Click Here!
Order your Create Brave Manifestation Card Decks here.
Share your feedback by emailing [email protected] or via Instagram DM's.