Curious • Adventurous • Self-Aware
Mirinda Kossoff bravely tells her father’s story in her new book, The Rope of Life. Growing up in the south with a Jewish father who converted to Southern Baptist and was a WWII Veteran, with mental health challenges – Life was complicated. The oldest of four, Mirinda found herself raising her siblings and taking care of her parents. Sadly, struggling with physical and emotional turmoil her father took his own life and left many unanswered questions. Through writing about her father's life, Miranda learned more than expected about her own. Join us for a journey of discovery of going from othered to owning herself.
- No matter how much you change, prejudice will still find you. Be strong anyway.
- Regardless of how you show it, you can never escape your culture or your lineage and this is not a bad thing!
- Those who may be different from us should never be “othered.”
- Remaining curious makes you a great audience for any story.
- Sharing your story can be helpful for others, even though it may result in some blowback from family.
Get additional details, show notes, links, and a full transcript of the episode here.
ORDER YOUR COPY OF F*CK FEARLESS – MAKING THE BRAVE LEAP TODAY, Click Here!
Check out The Brave Files Book Collection here!
Get your BRAVE on by joining our exclusive (and FREE) Facebook Collective, Brave on Purpose. Join here.
Share your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org